Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Your eyes are like a suicide; your tongue is still a rusty knife, cutting me open from the inside.

I want to start a revolution. I really, really do. I know that sounds stupid- there are tons of revolutions going on out there- but what frustrates me the most about society is meetings about meetings and no progress.
For example- I'm a member of a committee to prevent underage drug and alcohol abuse. Now, I'm not going to say I'm the best example- I will admit to considering getting smashed or stoned- but I do think that we need to be more responsible about substance abuse. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, this group is impossibly slow at getting anything done. Three years into our grant, we're still arguing over our mission statement and whether or not its actually a problem!
I don't know. Things need to change. Things have to change.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind helping ^_^ When's the next meeting? I thought you all were doing rather well, but I'll trust you on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The group you're thinking of is actually an offshoot of a larger committee... Give me a call sometime, and I'll give you all that good info. :)

    ReplyDelete