Friday, November 6, 2009

Takes me a minute to admit it when I'm wrong.

Today, I did a really brave thing.
Last night, on the date that I told you all about, she offered to take me to the doctor's, to get medication if I needed it.
I took it into my own hands instead.
Today, I told the guidance counselor that I wasn't feeling good- gave her my symptoms and the period of time I've been having them, and she told me that she thought I was depressed. She said that from what she saw, I was headed towards disaster. [I didn't mention to her that I'm disasters.bitch. I doubt she'd have thought it was funny, and I wasn't feeling humorous in the context anyway.]
Aside from my self mutilation and suicide plans [which I knew she couldn't hear without calling my parents], I was completely honest. [minus the gay thing, which was irrelevant.] I took off my mask.
Strangely enough, I haven't been able to put it back on yet. I couldn't bring myself to be energetic and happy for rehearsal. I couldn't make light talk with my Mom. I haven't really told anybody yet- you guys can be the first to hear it all.
The plan is that she's going to talk to the school psychologist (who she doesn't think has any openings, but she's asking anyway) on Monday, and then she'll talk to the doctor for the Wellness Center on Tuesday, which is her day at the school.
If all goes well, whatever treatment is going to happen will happen by the middle of next week (unless it's medication, which might take longer, I think, because I don't know how in the world I'd pick up the perscription) and hopefully I'll be better soon.
Whatever happens, I'll keep you all posted.
~disasters.bitch~

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you need, and I'll help you get it ^_^

    And I am also incredibly proud :)

    ReplyDelete