Monday, November 16, 2009

Prom Dresses

I'm a little bit frustrated right now.
My father just called me downstairs. He wanted to tell me about some great dresses he'd found for me for prom. This is what they're like, with slight variations.

Now, you might be asking, what's so wrong with that?
Nothing, really, except that its so completely not my style that its ridiculous.
Poor thing, you're thinking. She can't find a dress she likes.
Its not like I'm expecting an achingly hip, EA-styled confection...


I'd just like to find something a little less bridal.
Couldn't they make something like this in a plus size?!


I know, I know, wishful thinking.
And another thing: Why are all the prom dresses sleeveless?!
I know- skin is in and all that jazz, and formal dresses with sleeves have a tendency to end up looking like confections.


But couldn't someone make a line of inexpensive, beautiful dresses that are a tiny bit more modest?
Like this:

Yeah, a little out there, but still pretty!
Look. All I'm saying is, prom is marketed to teenage girls as the one night where you should absolutely feel like a princess.
Preparing for my senior prom, I'm feeling more and more like the frog.



No comments:

Post a Comment