Monday, December 14, 2009

Throughout the Years: Kindergarten

Kindergarten. Well, I actually went to two separate Kindergartens, and I remember a suprising amount.
KINDERGARTEN ONE:
I had a best friend, named Amy, and a boyfriend named Jonathan, who I later found out was also the boyfriend of Amy. We had a bit of a custody battle for awhile.
There was a girl named Sara, who stood at my bus line and used to bully me with her older sister, who I can't remember the name of, but was really mean.
I was in my first play, and I was a boat. Who fell off the stage. It was bad. XD
There was a computer game I played pretty much every time we had lab, that I've never seen again, but it involved colors and numbers and caterpillars, and it was adorable. I loved the game. A lot.
That's about it.
KINDERGARTEN TWO:
I was in Mrs. Smith's class. Hmm. We used to watch movies! Every week, a different kid got to bring in a movie, and we watched it for twenty mintutes at the end of the day if we were good.
I had a few best friends at that house, which was in the middle of town, where a lot of kids hung out. There was the girl across the street (Jessie), my next door neighbour (Sara Sue) and my best school chum (Courtney). I weighed 96 pounds, and I had brown hair and blue eyes. (Okay, so I have a poster of my kindergarten year. XD)
We had a chorus performance, at one point. My parents missed filming most of it, and I remember being really upset about it.
We had three playsets (six swings, two slides, monkey bars, an eagle's nest, a rope and a glider), so we were the most popular house to play at, and the neighborhood kids always came over to play. It was great. I wasn't the most popular kid, but I had tons of friends, and I was really happy.
I wrote a scientific journal, about dirt, I think this year, and I remember reading a lot of book, but I don't remember what, aside from tons of Disney books.
Oh! Because I could read, they asked me if I wanted to read to PreK, so I did, once a month... And they wanted to skip me to 3rd grade, at this point, but my parents wouldn't let me. Hey, if they'd done so, I would have already graduated!

2 comments:

  1. An Eagle's Nest is a bit like a treehouse... Without a tree. I guess you could call it a clubhouse?
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RQFok4GyL._SL160_.jpg
    It looks like this. Or ours did.

    ReplyDelete