Monday, December 14, 2009

Throughout the Years: Birth Through Kindergarten (Oops. I accidentally posted this to the wrong blog! Here now.)

(See! I told you I would!)


Alright... So when I was born, I was a big baby. I was born in a hospital, right outside of a well-known city in the United States, which was, according to my mum, the worst hospital in the entire world. This may have been because they didn't follow procedure and nearly caused her bladder to explode during my birth.

I don't remember anything from that house except for the experience where I slipped on the bathroom floor and chipped off a little piece of my front tooth. I still have a small hole at the top of my teeth where this happened- but this was my own doing, not the bathtub's.

I had a boyfriend then (most serious boyfriend I've ever had, actually) who kissed me in front of our parents, and held my hand a lot, and let me share his bed once. We stayed up talking all night, and were very proud of ourselves.

The year I started preschool was probably the most traumatic of the years I'm discussing in this entry. It was the year they told me I was a brunnette. All my life, until then, I'd been told I was a blonde. Then came preschool. We were instructed to each tell what our characteristics were- height, eye color, hair color, ect. At that point, the teacher felt the need to point out that I was incorrect in my assumption that I was a blonde. I was in fact, brunnette. I cried for days.

The next preschool, where my mother was the principal, was a very interesting place. I think I got into more trouble there than any other school I've attended. One mother brought her daughter in, and my mom had to admit that yes, I punched her daughter in the face. The fact that I had gash marks from the little girl's nails prior to this punching was irrelevant it seemed.

I don't remember having any friends at that school. I probably did, I just don't remember them.

I do remember hating grape juice. They would have grape juice once a week, and I HATED grape juice. I do love it now, but then, I would avoid it like the plague. I think that it's the one thing my tastes have changed on (besides coffee, which I now can't stand).

This is actually all I can remember from those years. That's pathetic... :/

Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. Same experience with the grape juice. Seems like it was ALWAYS the juice of choice in preschool and I hated it... but now it's one of my faves.

    I like these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks! I'm actually going to do another one as soon as I check on all my comment conversations. I'm feeling ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. It's strange the things that we remember. I'm going to do this too! As soon as I finish my math tests.
    You've inspired me, once again. :)

    ReplyDelete