Friday, September 11, 2009

Tonight

Tonight has been one of the worst nights I've had in awhile.
I don't think I've ever been this hurt by someone.
I've come up with a whole collection of novel ways to hurt myself to cover the pain of her, such as scrubbing my face with alcohol pads (now raw).
My chest feels numb, like a stuffy nose.
My nose, on the other hand, is running like a faucet from all the crying.
My stomach is knotted and making sick, gurgling sounds, like it wants me to eat, but I can't think of anything I want to touch- food would be disgusting.
My skin all hurts and itches, and I just want to cut it all off- though I've realized that I've lost all feeling almost everywhere, because I suddenly looked down and realized my leg was bleeding- guess I walked into something. Don't really care.
I just want to stay in bed and never get up.
Fuck, I have to work tomorrow.
Great.
So my options seem to be kill myself or drown in this depression and die anyway.
I feel disgusting.
Why did I ever think someone as great as her would think twice about someone like me?
Someday, its going to hit me that I might not want her initials scarred into my skin, but right now, I feel like if I were allowed, I'd carve her full name- all fifteen letters and two spaces of it- into my most sensitive skin in caligraphy with a dull spoon.
Tomorrow, I'll work on being okay. Tonight... I just need to sleep and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment