Monday, September 21, 2009

Hypocrisy & Insecurity

Hypocrisy.
It's been on my mind a lot today. Last night, a friend of mine came out to me. It really upset me.
Now, I can hear what you're saying. "She, self proclaimed Dyke-in-the-Box, was pissed because someone came out of the closet? What a hypocrite."
Well, yeah. But I'm not the only one.
Notice that I say "friend". Its rare that I have just "friends". I'm sure you've noticed- I have loves of my life, I have best friends, I have close friends. Few "friends".
What, you ask, demoted this girl to friend?
A few weeks ago, I decided to come out to her. I was ready for her to know. I was ready to tell someone who wasn't anonymous, who doesn't know everything about me. Her response was thus: "You're not trying to tell me you're bi, right? I have way too many friends who are bi. I don't need another one."
My response? "No, I'm definately not bi. :) Hey, I've got stuff to do. Bye!"
I'm a wimp. I know. So when she texted me last night, asking for acceptance and love... I gave it.
I still love and care for her. She's an amazing kid- I've had a crush on her for a couple months now, actually. Not enough to toss away our friendship to tell her I like her, but you know... I wouldn't say no to a movie. ;)
Anyway. Back to the point. She's great. But it really hurt that she wants me to accept her when she can't accept me.

No comments:

Post a Comment